*Updated March 20, 2020*
Dear Animal Friends,
This is a difficult time. The uncertainty of what is to come in the days and weeks ahead is enveloping all of us at all levels, in all areas. While taking precautions in dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak, AFV is continuing to provide lifesaving care to cats, dogs and other animals in need. We are the first responders for these animals in need in our region.
In addition to continuing our high standards of ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of our buildings to curb the spread of infectious disease in animals and humans, Animal Friends of the Valleys is taking the following steps to prevent the spread and flatten the curve:
Effective March 20, 2020, Animal Friends of the Valleys will take the following measures with the public in order to protect human health in conjunction with the state of California Executive Stay-at-Home
- Licensing – All licensing is to be done online at www.animalfriendsofthevalleys.com, by phone at (951)674-0618, or by mail.
- Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic and Pet Vaccination Clinic – These services are suspended to the public until further notice. Currently scheduled appointments will be called for reschedule in the future.
- Adoptions – Please view our adoptable pets online at www.animalfriendsofthevalleys.com. If you see an animal you are interested in, please complete the appropriate adoption application prior to visiting the shelter.
- Fostering – Community members who are eager to help offset the potential impact on pets related to COVID-19 are encouraged to inquire about fostering. Please visit animalfriendsofthevalleys.com/foster to learn more about this important and impactful program.
- Return-to-Owners – Please view pets online at www.animalfriendsofthevalleys.com to see if your pet is listed prior to coming to the shelter, if possible.
- Stray Animals – We will continue to accept stray animals. Please provide as much information as possible to increase the chances of this animal being reunited with its owner.
- Owner Surrenders – We will continue to accept owner relinquished pets as needed.
Updated Business Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Third Sunday ONLY: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
The animals depend on us 365 days a year–no matter what. Please remember we still need the continued support of our community partners, sponsors, and YOU to help us provide the care each
We will update our website with more information regarding COVID-19/Novel-Coronavirus as it becomes available.
We thank you for your understanding and want to assure you the animals in our shelter are continuing to receive top-notch care during this challenging time.
Animal Friends of the Valleys