Here at AFV, “kitten season” can be a year-round affair, and over the course of a year we have over 1,000 kittens come through our shelter!
Every animal that is adopted from AFV is spayed or neutered to help us in our mission to prevent pet overpopulation in our valleys. Kittens that are too young or too small to be sterilized are typically put into a Foster Home where they will be fed and cared for until they are ready to find their forever home. Here at AFV, we provide our Foster families with all the supplies that they will need to care for these little babies, and with hundreds of kittens coming through our shelter every year that’s a lot of supplies!
Being a 501(c)(3) organization, Animal Friends of the Valleys (Tax ID #33-0276892) depends on donations for support of programs that benefit lost and homeless animals in our valleys.
In order to provide the best care possible for these babies, we will be accepting donations for the following supplies:
- Canned kitten food (preferably Fancy Feast or Friskies pate)
- Dry kitten food (Iams, Royal Canin, or Kitten Chow preferred)
- Kitten Powder Formula Milk Replacer
- Pet feeding bottles & replacement nipples
- Chicken, Turkey, or Beef baby food
- Heating Pads with Temperature Control
- Small pet beds and blankets
- Scoopable Cat Litter (Tidy Cat preferred)
- Cardboard Scratching Posts
- Non-carpeted Cat Trees
- Kitty toys
If you are able to donate, please feel free to purchase these items and bring them to our shelter or shop from our Amazon Wishlist to have them delivered straight to us!
Click these links below to see how you can help our fluffy little friends today!